FINALLY, FINALLY, FINALLY I FOUND A BOOK-TAG TO DO.
If you guys have been following me for a while, you must know that my love for booktags and answering questions is crazy great! I enjoy them so much, but for the past month I have been doing more book reviews than book tags. Actually, shit I haven’t done a booktag in ages. To my delight, I found the perfect book tag to do! As always, my inspiration and half of the tags done here have been taken from Kristin. She has such an amazing set tags, guys. You need a list? Go on to her blog!!
This is really the most unique idea of a booktag I have come across on ANY blog! Check out Leonie’s blog @ Lifehasafunnywayofsneakinguponyou for loads of funny tags and everything else. And duh, don’t forget to link back to her post. (and mine lol)
Here are the rules:
1. You can either take the word the person who tagged you used, or you can pick your own.
2. You must list all the books on your read list which include that word in either the title or the author.
3. Tag some friends and pass it on!
So Leonie gave me the word “Secret“
Haha, honestly, I didn’t know there would be so many old books with “secret” popping out on my reading lists. I read these books back when i was 13 or younger, and it gives me major nostalgic feels writing about them! I think I should do a separate post for these books, what do you think?
The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
2. The Secret of the Shadow Ranch by Carolyn Keene (Nancy Drew#5)
Aaaaah my favourite ever series! Nancy Drew was my role model, man. Not only had i read the entire series, but I had re-read ALL 20 books. (or more, maybe? I don’t remember). I’m so gonna do a post on this and then maybe tell the very depressing story of how I lost this entire collection.
3. The Mystery of the Secret Room by Enid Blyton
The Naughtiest Girl Keeps a Secret by Enid Blyton
SHIT. SHIT. THIS IS MY FAVOURITE SERIES EVER. LIKE EVER. Wait, did I say that about Nancy Drew?? No no, this was supposed to be my favvvvvv when I was 8, I guess.
I am literally dancing around with excitement because I miss this series so much!!!
Guess who the naughtiest girl was? ELIZABETH. And she was my favourite character ever. (I also love Elizabeth Bennet. I think I always had a thing for Lizzie’s) Oh also also, her friend was Julian and he was the ultimate loveable cute little monster. I think the picture of this Julian stuck so vividly in my mind, that whenever I read about a character named Julian, I always picture him as a school-boy. Lol.
Lisa’s Secret (PenPals#12) by Sharon Dennis Wyeth
There wasn’t a clear picture on google for Lisa’s secret, so I’ll just go with posting a picture of the entire collection. This series was a sort-of typical teen-growing-up-girly series. Boyfriends, crushes, back-stabbing bitches. Yupp, kinda trashy, I know. But it has such good memories linked with my school-days! But that’s a story for another…blogpost hopefully!
Aristotle and Dante discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty
So there goes my list of books with the word “secret” in them. I’m not tagging anyone, so anyone who feels like doing this, go ahead! I give you the word “Night”
-Hope you guys enjoyed reading this! xx
Because I love doing book tags, I decided to do another which I saw over at BookFandom1001. If you’re a tagg-y person (Taggy person is a person who loves doing just ANY booktag. Reference: My Dictionary)go over at her page because she a lot of crazy-ass booktags.
This was one tag where I could easily answer the questions without having to ponder over my lack of not having read any YA series I could comment on. (If you’ve been following my blog, you would know I haven’t read Harry Potter or The Hunger Games but that doesn’t mean you’ll unfollow me, right? Shit.)
Before I give away anything else, let’s dive into the questions!
1. What book has been on your shelf the longest?
Avalon High and Airhead by Meg Cabot. These were my first proper “teen romance novels LOL.
2. What is your current read, your last read, and the book you’ll read next?
Current read: Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
Last read: Made You Up by Francesca Zappia
Next read: Glass Sword or Pretties
3. What book did everyone like, but you hated?
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
4. What book do you keep telling yourself you’ll read, but you probably won’t?
Overtumbled Graves by Jess Walters
5. What book are you saving for retirement?
I would like to hope that I read each and every book in TBR shelf until I retire. And just get more books when I retire.
6. Last page: read it first, or wait ’til the end?
Wait till the end, duh. Why would I want to ruin a potentially good story?
7. Acknowledgement: waste of paper and ink, or interesting aside?
It can be a total waste but if it’s my favourite book, I’ll read each and every page. (Acknowledgements, contents, and even “other titles by this publisher” LOL)
8. Which book character would you switch places with?
Alice from Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland or Biff from the Biff, Chip, Kipper children books haha. THEY HAD A MAGIC KEY! Omg, think about all the things I could do with a magic key!
9. Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life? (Place, time, person?)
Hahaha this is very very stupid. The Pen Pals series by Sharon Dennis Wyeth. This series features the story of four friends, and I had a group of 4 friends when I was 11, so each one of us were basically a character in the book. For example, if i was Laura in the book, then we had a secret code name for my crush which was Laura’s crush’s name haha. So.Fucking.Lame. (Judge me all you want, guys!) But they were seriously good times.
10. Name a book that you acquired in an interesting way.
Umm, no. I’ve only ever bought or borrowed books. No weird ways.
11. Have you ever given a book away for a special reason to a special person?
12. Which book has been with you most places?
I don’t take books to places because I’m afraid i’ll lose them but I have taken November 9 with me on a train trip. (It was a softcopy, btw)
13. Any “required reading” you hated in high school that wasn’t so bad two years later?
When the rain clouds gather by Bessie Head. I freaking hated it, and I still hate it. LOL. Other than that, I’ve read Shakespeare in high school but i still like all of his works. So basically, my answer to the question is no, there is no such book.
14. Used or brand new?
15. Have you ever read a Dan Brown book?
No. Don’t think I’m gonna read them anytime sooner as well. (Sorry!)
16. Have you ever seen a movie you liked more than the book?
17. Have you ever read a book that’s made you hungry, cookbooks included?
The chocolate lover’s cookbook by Patricia Lousada.
18. Who is the person whose book advice you’ll always take?
Nobody close to me is as avid a reader as I am, and the ones who are LOVE The Fault in Our Stars. So no thanks, I’ll just read reviews and make up my mind.
19. Is there a book out of your comfort zone (e.g., outside your usual reading genre) that you ended up loving?
The Nightingale was the first historical fiction I read and ever since, I’m hooked!!
So, that’s it guys! Go ahead and do this if you want, but I’m sure majority of you out there have probably done it. I’m just tooooo late. But still, my offer stands.
-Take care, ya’ll!! And let me know what you guys think in the comments below! xx I would love to hear them!
Aaah finally a booktag where I don’t have to spend time thinking and writing down my answers! I saw this tag over at Beth’s blog @Reading Every Night and I loved the idea of it! So I decided to give it a go toooo. I tried my best answering the questions as quick as possible! So here we go….
1. Ebook or Physical Book?
Physical Book, duh. Although I mostly read books.
2. Paperback or Hardback?
3. Online or In-Store Book Shopping?
4. Trilogies or Series?
Neither. I’ve actually realized I haven’t read a series since The Nancy Drew series in grade 7. (Yupp, haven’t read Harry Potter!)
5. Heroes or Villains?
Depends upon which one is the more mysterious broody type.
6. A Book You Want Everyone to Read?
The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
7. Recommend an Underrated Book?
Heidi by Johanna Spyri.
8. The Last Book You Finished?
Made You Up by Francesca Zappia
9. The Last Book You Bought?
I never only buy 1 book. I bought 2 books: 13 Little Blue Envelopes and The Colour Purple.
10. Weirdest Thing You’ve Used as a Bookmark?
I really don’t remember….oh yeah, my lipgloss!
11. Used Books: Yes or No?
12. Top Three Favourite Genres?
Classics, Historical Fiction and Fantasy.
13. Borrow or Buy?
14. Characters or Plot?
Both? No, plot. No no, both. Ugh!
15. Long or Short Books?
16. Long or Short Chapters?
Who cares as long as the story is good?
17. Name the First Three Books You Think of…
I’ll give you the Sun by Jandy Nelson
The Wish Granter by umm I dont remember (I had to be quick!)
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
18. Books that Make You Laugh or Cry?
That is the most difficult question. No book has made me cry (I will give credits to The Nightingale for making me sad for two entire days) and definitely not made me burst into laughter (The most fun I had, was reading the satirical humour in P&P)
19. Our World or Fictional Worlds?
20. Audiobooks: Yes or No?
21. Do You Ever Judge a Book by its Cover?
Always. Always. Always. And hence, my regrets in life.
22. Book to Movie or Book to TV Adaptations?
Book to TV adaptations.
23. A Movie or TV-Show You Preferred to its Book?
I haven’t read Coraline by Neil Gaiman although I wished I had. But the movie was super-super amazing! And people say that the movie was ACTUALLY much better, so I’ll go with that.
24. Series or Standalones?
So that’s pretty much it, guys!! I did my best to keep it to one-word answers but God knows my inability to do that. LOL. I tag everyone who wants to give this a try!
P.S Try timing yourself, it will be more fun. I did this in 2 mins lol
-Happy Reading! xx
Hi guys!! Today is 14th August, and if you live in Pakistan, you know that today is Pakistan’s Independence Day!!!
So, I’ve been thinking to do a booktag for a while now, and I feel like today’s the perfect day! Not only this is going to be my first tag, but it is also going to be the very first booktag that I created myself! So I’m super super excited!!
Now, since its Independence Day, each tag is going to be on a fact about Pakistan. I feel like this is something I haven’t seen previously on other blogs and it is also an interesting way for people to get to know about my country as well!
*Patriotism levels are crossing 100* LOL.
I tag anyone who wants to do it and join in the fun. One request, please link bank to my post. It would make me extremely happy to know that people are actually taking interest in my ideas! Now without further ado, here you go!
The colour of Pakistan’s flag: Choose a book with a green cover or green AND white.
I choose Green by Laura Peyton Roberts.
(Hahaha, isn’t this lovely? The title is the same as the colour)
2. Pakistan’s national animal is Markhor. It is a wild goat and one of the most beautiful wild animals inhabiting the mountainous regions of Pakistan.
Choose a book with an animal in the title
The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden
3. Pakistan is the first Muslim country to own a nuclear power: Any historical fiction.
I don’t know why but somehow the word “nuclear power” reminds me of the World War and automatically historical fictions start coming into my mind. Or maybe, I just need an excuse to push historical fiction into every TBR or BookTag.
The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
You guys just have to, like HAAVVEEEE to give this book a read! Its absolutely stunning and breath-taking!
4. Pakistan’s national anthem and it’s tune ranks at the top around the world: A book about love for music, singing or bands. Listen to the anthemhere.
The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
5. Pakistan has the world’s largest ambulance network, “Pakistan’s Edhi Foundation”. It is also listed in the Guinnes Book of world records: A book which reminds you of, or takes place in a hospital.
When Breathe becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
So that’s it guys! There goes my Independence day factual tags lol. I hope you had fun reading this. Feel free to do it and don’t forget to link back to me!!
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!