Because I love doing book tags, I decided to do another which I saw over at BookFandom1001. If you’re a tagg-y person (Taggy person is a person who loves doing just ANY booktag. Reference: My Dictionary)go over at her page because she a lot of crazy-ass booktags.
This was one tag where I could easily answer the questions without having to ponder over my lack of not having read any YA series I could comment on. (If you’ve been following my blog, you would know I haven’t read Harry Potter or The Hunger Games but that doesn’t mean you’ll unfollow me, right? Shit.)
Before I give away anything else, let’s dive into the questions!
1. What book has been on your shelf the longest?
Avalon High and Airhead by Meg Cabot. These were my first proper “teen romance novels LOL.
2. What is your current read, your last read, and the book you’ll read next?
Current read: Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
Last read: Made You Up by Francesca Zappia
Next read: Glass Sword or Pretties
3. What book did everyone like, but you hated?
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
4. What book do you keep telling yourself you’ll read, but you probably won’t?
Overtumbled Graves by Jess Walters
5. What book are you saving for retirement?
I would like to hope that I read each and every book in TBR shelf until I retire. And just get more books when I retire.
6. Last page: read it first, or wait ’til the end?
Wait till the end, duh. Why would I want to ruin a potentially good story?
7. Acknowledgement: waste of paper and ink, or interesting aside?
It can be a total waste but if it’s my favourite book, I’ll read each and every page. (Acknowledgements, contents, and even “other titles by this publisher” LOL)
8. Which book character would you switch places with?
Alice from Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland or Biff from the Biff, Chip, Kipper children books haha. THEY HAD A MAGIC KEY! Omg, think about all the things I could do with a magic key!
9. Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life? (Place, time, person?)
Hahaha this is very very stupid. The Pen Pals series by Sharon Dennis Wyeth. This series features the story of four friends, and I had a group of 4 friends when I was 11, so each one of us were basically a character in the book. For example, if i was Laura in the book, then we had a secret code name for my crush which was Laura’s crush’s name haha. So.Fucking.Lame. (Judge me all you want, guys!) But they were seriously good times.
10. Name a book that you acquired in an interesting way.
Umm, no. I’ve only ever bought or borrowed books. No weird ways.
11. Have you ever given a book away for a special reason to a special person?
12. Which book has been with you most places?
I don’t take books to places because I’m afraid i’ll lose them but I have taken November 9 with me on a train trip. (It was a softcopy, btw)
13. Any “required reading” you hated in high school that wasn’t so bad two years later?
When the rain clouds gather by Bessie Head. I freaking hated it, and I still hate it. LOL. Other than that, I’ve read Shakespeare in high school but i still like all of his works. So basically, my answer to the question is no, there is no such book.
14. Used or brand new?
15. Have you ever read a Dan Brown book?
No. Don’t think I’m gonna read them anytime sooner as well. (Sorry!)
16. Have you ever seen a movie you liked more than the book?
17. Have you ever read a book that’s made you hungry, cookbooks included?
The chocolate lover’s cookbook by Patricia Lousada.
18. Who is the person whose book advice you’ll always take?
Nobody close to me is as avid a reader as I am, and the ones who are LOVE The Fault in Our Stars. So no thanks, I’ll just read reviews and make up my mind.
19. Is there a book out of your comfort zone (e.g., outside your usual reading genre) that you ended up loving?
The Nightingale was the first historical fiction I read and ever since, I’m hooked!!
So, that’s it guys! Go ahead and do this if you want, but I’m sure majority of you out there have probably done it. I’m just tooooo late. But still, my offer stands.
-Take care, ya’ll!! And let me know what you guys think in the comments below! xx I would love to hear them!