Imagine my utter excitement to a) tagged in a sunshine blogger award blogpost b) tagged by none other than by my favourite person/blogger Emma c) my excitement went over the top when I read the creative af questions proposed by Emma
Seriously though Em, how do you do it??? Guys, you all need to check her blog
less for book reviews and more for quirks, wit, 100% sarcasm and humour. Okay, for book reviews too. Trust me, you will even fall in love with the reviews of the books you hate.
Before I go into fangirling about her, let’s dive into the questions which I can’t seriously wait to answer!
1. Kiss, marry, kill: The main characters of the last three fiction books you read.
Kiss – Mary Crawford from Mansfield Park. She’s charming, funny and witty. She has confidence to carry herself and is bold enough to speak and do what she thinks and wants. Who wouldn’t want to kiss her?
Marry – Joshua Templeman from The Hating Game.
Kill – Mrs. Norris from Mansfield
2. Would you rather be an elegant princess/prince type character in a fairytale, or a witchy badass villain?
I wouldn’t want to be a witchy villain, but I also most definitely would never be an elegant princess (more like, can’t be one. I’ll constantly be tripping myself over!) I would prefer something of a combination: mean+composed. You get what I’m saying?
3. You fall into a pit of acid or get bit by an exotic spider or into a verbal altercation with a wizard, and you’re given the power to pull things out of books. Which book are you reaching into first???
Oh damn, this is hella creative! THERE ARE SO MANY BOOKS I WANT TO REACH INTO FIRST!!!! Man, I would seriously love to have a Firebird device of my own so I could travel to different dimensions and places. The minute I sense trouble, i go *boom* into another dimension!
4. You’re being sent to a desert island and you can only bring one book, and it has to be one you haven’t read yet. What book are you bringing?
Probably The Subtle Art of not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson. If there s only one book and God knows how long i’ll have to stay on the island, it better be something that keeps my morale high all the time.
5. Link your favorite blog post of yours!
I think it would probably be the one where I talk about mental health issues bec it was something which had been on my mind since forever and this blog gave me a platform where I could address it. You can view it here.
6. Which Hogwarts house would you most want to be in, and which do you want to be in least?
Uhhm..I don’t care? I haven’t read the Harry Potter series so I’m very indifferent to it.
7. Would you rather have a pet unicorn or grow a mermaid’s tail when you touch water?
Eww. Why would I want to have either of those? Strict no for mermaids because i would feel so trapped and with that mermaid tail, and not having to move my legs all the time lol.
Unicorns….uhhmm..uhh well yeah okay, maybe I would prefer a unicorn if it would take me galloping through the skies. (If we’re talking about them, they might as well be the magical ones from Barbie movies)
8. The last book you gave 5 stars and the last book you gave 1 star?
1-star : Our Chemical Hearts by Katherine Sutherland. I hated it so much, I couldn’t even get myself to do a proper review on my blog.
5-star: All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
9. Who’s a popular author you’re just…not that into?
Dan Brown, for sure! I started Da Vinci Code twice but just couldn’t get into the feels of the book. Plus, his books are sorta really intimidating.
10. Show you’re currently watching, or last one you watched?
I AM ALWAYS WATCHING F.R.I.E.N.D.S
It’s the best fucking show ever made, no comparisons made.
Apart from that, I watched Stranger Things and The Handmaid’s Tale in my winter-break.
11. Picture this: You’re at the altar, about to say “I do” to Cornelius (or Cornelia) Wainwright III, a disgraced businessperson who is only marrying you for your chocolate factory fortune. You dramatically say “I can’t do this” – which fictional character or celebrity do you confess your love to instead?
If we’re talking about celebrity, then ohmygosh it is BRADLEY COOPER OR DAVID BECKHAM. I HAVE AN UNDYING ETERNAL CRUSH ON BOTH OF THESE ULTRA HOT TALENTED AF GUYS.
But coming to fictional characters, I don’t think there is anyone I’ve read about yet to whom I’m ready to give my heart to, as yet. I’m a hopeless romantic, yeah.
- I’m actually going to steal Emma’s question and ask: Kiss, marry, kill: The main characters of the last three fiction books you read.
- A trope that you absolutely hate and one that you’re always down for.
- Your favourite book as a child?
- What is your bookish pet peeve?
- If you had to befriend any character for a day, which character would it be?
- What is the one book that you will recommend for teenagers who aren’t big on reading?
- Suppose your house is catching fire and you have to run for your life. You pass your bookshelves on the way, and you just can’t resist taking a few beauties with you. What are the two books that you most definitely HAVE to take with you?
- If you could live in any fictional world, which one would it be?
- Which bookish family/sibling relationship is most like your own? In case of no siblings, which bookish friendship is most like your own?
- Three of your least liked books.
- Pick three books from your shelf. Open to random pages on each and choose the first character that comes. Now these three characters are battling in a war with each other. Who is most likely to win, lose and give up?